|Within Croeso Betws area
O fewn ardal Croeso Betws
- Dolwyddelan Castle (CADW) - dramatic castle dating from 12th
- Gwydir Castle - fortified manor
house dating from about 1500
- St.Michael's Old Church, Betws-y-Coed -
14th century church
- Almshouses, Llanrwst -
constructed in 1610, and now a museum of local history
- St.Grwst's Church, Llanrwst - contains stone coffin of Llewelyn Fawr
- Llanrhychwyn Church - ancient
church with connections with Llewelyn Fawr
- Capel Garmon burial chamber
(CADW) - neolithic chambered
- Trefriw Woollen Mill -
- Trefriw Wells Spa - spring first
used as spa by the Romans
- The Ugly House (Ty Hyll), Capel Curig -
built in a night!
- Ty Mawr
Wybrnant (NT), nr. Penmachno -
birthplace of Bishop William Morgan (translated Bible into Welsh)
- Ty'n-y-Coed Uchaf (NT), nr Penmachno - preserved traditional Welsh
- Bodnant Gardens (NT), Tal-y-Cafn - spectacular gardens above
- Miner's Bridge, Betws-y-Coed -
intriguing inclined bridge across river Llugwy
- Motor Museum, Betws-y-Coed
- Conwy Valley Railway Museum,
- Swallow Falls, Betws-y-Coed
- Forest Walks - Gwydir Forest Park
(including waymarked paths)
- Climbing - Plas-y-Brenin National
Mountain Centre, Capel Curig. Also local crags and indoor wall at
Walking / Climbing
- Mountain Biking - hire available in
Betws-y-Coed, waymarked routes in Gwydir Forest
- Fishing - Betws-y-Coed and
- 9-hole course in at Betws-y-Coed Golf Club
- Horse Riding - Ty Coch Stables nr.
- Dry Slope Skiing - Plas-y-Brenin,
- Leisure Centre & Swimming Pool -
- Water Sports - Plas-y-Brenin, Capel
Curig (canoeing, sailing etc)
|Within half an hours drive of Croeso Betws area
O fewn hanner awr hefo
car o ardal Croeso Betws
(CADW) - imposing castle built by English
monarch Edward I in the 1280's.
- Walled town - walls enclose the town
and are guarded by 22 towers.
- Plas Mawr (CADW)
- the finest surviving Elizabethan town house in
- Britain's Smallest House - the name
says it all!
- RSPB Nature Reserve - bird reserve
on the Conwy Estuary
Mountain Railway - rack & pinion railway to
- Electric Mountain - hydro-electric
power in Europe's largest man-made cavern.
- Slate Museum - working museum of the
hey-day of the slate industry.
- Penrhyn Castle (NT) - neo-Norman castle built in 19th
- Grave of Gelert- grave of legendary
dog of Llewelyn Fawr.
- Sygun Copper Mine
- Blaenau Ffestiniog
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns - experience
the world of the Victorian slate miner.
- Ffestiniog Railway - travel from the
mountains to the sea by narrow gauge railway.
- Seafront - fine Victorian seaside
resort with sandy beach.
- Great Orme - Bronze Age Copper
- Cable Car - from Llandudno to top of
- Dry Slope Skiing - ski with a sea
- Victorian Tramway - travel in style
to the top of the Great Orme.
- Welsh Mountain Zoo, Colwyn Bay -
animals from Britain and around the world
|Within an hours drive of Croeso Betws area
O fewn awr hefo car o
ardal Croeso Betws
(CADW) - A castle built to
- Welsh Highland Railway - short line
currently being extended to Porthmadog.
- Portmeirion - Italianate village
built bt Sir Clough Williams-Ellis.
- Castle (CADW)
- dramatically located on rocky peninsula.
- Sandy beaches
- Lloyd George Memorial Museum -
boyhood home of David Lloyd George.
- Ice Cream - home of the best
ice-cream in North Wales.
- Beaumaris - elegant resort with fine
views towards the mountains.
- Sea Zoo - come face to face with the
- Sandy beaches
- Harlech Castle (CADW)
- castle built by Edward I.
- Llangollen - home of the
|Within an hour and a half drive of Croeso Betws area
O fewn awr a hanner
hefo car o ardal Croeso Betws
- Chester - walled city
- Chirk Castle (NT)- 700 year old Marcher Fortress.
- Lleyn Peninsula - stunning scenery
- Erddig (NT) - stately home with interesting servants
NT - Property owned
by the National Trust
CADW - Property owned by CADW